Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF



Remember TGIF on ABC? Like the real TGIF?? 

Sigh, it makes me want to be little again. I could not wait for TGIF every Friday. I would order a pizza and watch it all.....these were my faves:

Good times at age 7. I think that's about how old I was...7 or 8. Twenty years ago those were my Friday night plans. 

I was just thinking about that earlier today for the silliest reason....completely unrelated to early 90s TV.

I rode with 3 of my work peeps to a 10th anniversary party for the bank we use. I rode in the back seat. I can't remember the last time I was riding in the back seat. I found myself letting my eyes gaze out the window and stare at the clouds, watch the buildings and the landscape passing by us. Something about it made me feel like a little girl. I remember riding in the backseat and just staring out of the window for what seemed like hours looking at the clouds and just thinking...daydreaming. I wondered to myself, when is the last time I allowed myself to do this? To just think and stare at something beautiful for no reason whatsoever. 

I know it's silly. But, it made me miss being little and it made me wish that life gave us more time. We all wish for "more hours in the day". I wish once a while we would have those extra hours to just think and maybe to just become inspired.

Since, we're most likely not going to be getting any more hours tacked onto our days anytime soon, I'm more motivated to make sure I have time once and awhile to just be. For example, staring out the window on a beautiful fall day.  Except, instead of berating myself for not getting anything done applaud myself for taking in one of life's simple pleasures. 


Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. 

2 comments:

Corby and Lauren said...

Oh my word... I LIVED for TGIF on Friday nights!!! Such fabulous television!!! I hate that Harper will never have that to look forward too!!!

alexis scarff said...

omg. Me too...totally lived for it!! We'll have to get Harper the Full House dvds and maybe she'll want to watch them every Friday?? :)