Friday, October 8, 2010

7:00 a.m.

So, I have a bit of a problem waking up in the morning. The alarm goes off at 7:30, I tell Robert to hit snooze. It goes off again, I tell Robert to hit snooze again. Somewhere around 8:00, Robert gets up. Yes, Robert, who works from home gets up before his lazy wife. I usually unwillingly pry myself out of bed about 8:15-8:20 and I still make it to work at about 8:45. I hope that paints a picture of how I usually look at work. I'll describe it for you in more detail - awful - that encompasses it. Anyway, no matter what time I get in bed the night before the mornings are a rough time for me.

There are exceptions. I can pop up at 5:00 a.m. if I know that I get to travel somewhere fun. No big deal, I don't even need to hit snooze. Maybe it's just the dread of going to work that has me dragging in the morning? I'm not sure.

Today, I'm traveling home to Carlsbad, not exactly Fiji, but it's fun for me, so I miraculously got up between 6:30-6:40 and made it to work at 7:00!!

Me - Alexis - at work at 7:00 a.m., yes you read that correctly. I think Robert was skeptical that I'd do it, but I did. I've been here almost 3 hours, I can scarcely believe it myself.

Now, of course, I've decided after one day of getting up that I want to become a morning person. It's so peaceful in the mornings. The roads are peaceful, the office is peaceful and if I had any work, I'm sure I'd get a lot done. ppppfffffttttt. So, that just leaves me with ample time to blog about home. Yay!

I love home. It's where I want to be, lift up and turn me round - name that tune :). Once and a while you need a healthy dose of home, it does a body good. The last time I was home was in July, so it's been about 3 months. That's a long time if you're a girl. Living with Robert, I'm seeing that guys don't really have the "homesick" gene. That must be nice, along with the "pregnancy" gene that guys are also missing. I know that doesn't make since, pregnancy is not a gene, but you get where I'm going. Wow, I sound like such a feminist today. Hilary for President! JUST KIDDING. (If it were up to me, women would still wear dresses every day (think: Gone with the Wind) - so I don't think I can fall in the feminist category.)


why would i want to wear something like that? because it's pretty! 

Anyyyyyway, I can't wait to be home and hear my moms little dogs scampering all about, see the view of the Pecos river and know that it takes 5 minutes to get anywhere in Carlsbad. We've lived in the same house since I was 9 years old with a perm. Oh the phases that house has seen me through. Middle school, when I looked like a golden retriever, high school when I had the mushroom hair cut, college when I was a little fluffy from all the beer consumption. If those wall could talk....


Mom and I outside home last time we were home. Yes. I live in an adobe pueblo. Actually, it's stucco. There's a home in Santa Fe that it was modeled after: file in fun facts about Alexis.


saying good-bye to my pugs. can't wait to see them!


i made Robert take this picture holding this kitten. the Neal home is like an animal shelter, you never know what new animals will be there when you pull up. not exaggerating!

 Happy weekend everyone, whatever your plans may be! Especially to my best friend, Lauren, her wedding shower is tomorrow in Carlsbad. So glad to have a reason to come home and celebrate her upcoming marriage with our families!!

No comments: