Monday, January 31, 2011

Culinary Adventures with Bob and Al: New Spin on an Old Classic

I grew up on the baked potato. It was definitely a staple side in my home. You can't go wrong with throwing it almost any main course. Plus, it's easy, about an hour in the oven on 350 degrees, butter and salt and pepper and you're good to go.

Oddly enough, I can't recall making my old friend the baked potato for Roberto over our year and month of marriage. It just seems a little "dated" a little "ho hom" and little boring. WWMD? What Would Martha Do?? I doubt Martha would make a baked potato.

(Who am I kidding? Like I ever think WWMD? ppppfffffftttttt.)

Thanks to one of my fave blogs, Fly Through Our Window, I learned about Foodgawker. This sight is amazing. Can't think of what to make for dinner, appetizer, dessert?? You will get tons of ideas and inspiration from Foodgawker. Basically it's a conglomeration of great recipes all across the world of food blogs. There are so many food blogs out there. Like grains of sand by the sea is a food blog. How poetic.

Since I make Robert help me decide on recipes that we're going to take a stab at, he took a gander at Foodgawker and picked out some winners. Here's one we liked.
the Hasselback Potato

Isn't it cute? Here's the recipe. It's like the baked potato, but more fun. You know like your boring cousin who studied abroad in Italy and came back smoking and drinking and you want to hang out with her now. A good time. Carbs, butter and garlic are pretty much always good time. 

No comments: