Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Quiz

Two blogs I follow have done this and I'm going to hop on the band wagon so I will not focus on how much I don't want to be at the office today :) Thank you Velcro Dog and The Wiegands.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both! Not mixed together. 
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Both. But, most of Santa's presents are unwrapped. He's just too busy to wrap them all! 
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? My parents have done both...different every year. 
4. Do you hang mistletoe? My mom used to! I wish I did? Next year...
5. When do you put your decorations up? Well, I always mean to the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it hasn't happened yet?? Decemberish...when ever I get to it usually. 
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom and grandma's homemade toffee. Divinity- I die. Chocolate! All the repeats of Thanksgiving. Broccoli-rice casserole, pumpkin pie. Love it all.  
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up at Granny's and Santa had brought a trampoline and set it up in Granny's backyard :). 
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't even remember? I pretended to believe for a long time because I have a little sis who is 7 years younger. I think I still wish I believed. 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Omg yes! Christmas tradition at my house is to open pjs and wear them the night of Christmas Eve. Usually it's just me, my mom and sister, but last year, Robert and my dad got matching ones too. I love it. Oh and we always get together with my aunts and uncles on my mom's side of the family and open presents from each other on Christmas Eve. It's so fun. 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well, Robert and I have never had an official Christmas tree since we've been married, so I'll have to plead the 5th on this. BUT, my mom got me a bunch of cute ornaments after Christmas last year. So when we do have a tree, it'll be really fun with bright colors and lots of random ornaments. 
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? oh goodness. Love love love it, especially on Christmas. 
12. Can you ice skate? ha. I doubt it. I maybe have once? Or maybe I dreamed that? 
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? hmmm. I don't know? My parents have been so good to me and spoiled me rotten. Last year's ipad was a big surprise! But, what I'll never forget is my mom got me this pretty little box and it was empty and she said the most precious gift she could give me or I could give her was time. I've always loved that. My mom is amazing. Time is the most precious gift.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Remembering that God sent His son to earth and through him we are known by God. And family, family, family!!! 
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Well, I think I covered that earlier :). I love all desserts. Pies, chocolate. Homemade candy that my mom and grandma make are the best!! OMG and Chelsea's gingerbread cookies!!! ahhh! I will miss those this year :)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love my family's Christmas Eve tradition with the pjs :). Oh, I also love how my mom used to wrap everything individually in our stockings and then say they were from famous people. Like I'd get chapstick from Marilyn Monroe. Awesome. Also, used to love to go to the candlelight service at our church every year. 
17. What tops your tree? once again, we have no tree. #bahhumbug ha. 
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving...I get so giddy when I think I might have got someone something they will like!!! Ahhh! Receiving is so humbling and pretty fun too :)
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy.  
20. Favorite Christmas show? so many. It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, The Holiday...they are all so goooddddd
21. Saddest Christmas song? Song and Movie - The Christmas Shoes. I mean slit my wrists...makes me want to bawl! The Little Drummer Boy always gets me too. I mean all he could do was play his drum??! 
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Well, "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey, of course :). I also, used to love "Mary's Song", pretty moving!


hmmm, k. Merry Christmas everyone!!!  

No comments: