Friday, December 2, 2011

Baby #2

A couple celebs have announced their pregnancies with Baby #2 this week. Kourtney Kardasian and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Congrats to them and their growing families! The fact that women are willing to do this whole thing again gives me hope and motivation for pregnancy #1.


(sidenote: my dear friend, Brooke, had baby boy #2 early this morning. what a rockstar. he's perfect and precious. God is good. :) )


Anyway, Maggie Gyllenhaal's description of motherhood excites and frightens me.

“I just didn’t have a clue,” Gyllenhaal, 34, has said of motherhood.
“There’s no way to prepare for the challenges, the immense joys, the surprises, the disappointments and the shocks,” she said. “Your heart just rips open. It’s amazing.”
Why must things "rip open"?? That sounds like labor stories I've heard. But I guess the "ripping" metaphorically  continues during motherhood. 
Bring it on. Bring on the ripping. ppppfffffffffttttttt. 

No comments: