Thursday, December 22, 2011

479

So, if you know me or if you've read this blog a little, you have probably gathered that I love pugs. They are my favorite. I grew up with a pug. My mom has two pugs at home. I just really like pugs. Shout out to Doug and Daisy.

For a while I was updating petfinder.com and adoptapet.com for the DFW Pug Rescue. It's not much on the scale of what they do for the Dallas area pugs, but it was just a little way that I could help them. When I got pregnant, I noticed that I was delaying in updating the pugs. I didn't want to click on another pug that needed rescuing. I was too emotional and the sad pugs made me very sad and I couldn't do it. So, I handed over my duties and now I am not actively doing anything for them. It makes me sad because I want to be helping the pugs find happy homes, I just can't in this season of my life. Thankfully, there are lots of awesome people volunteering and working hard for the Pug Rescue that will continue to support and help the pugs get medical care, foster homes and eventually forever homes.  

I still get all of their email updates and follow them of Facebook, so I know what is going on in the DFW Pug World. Yesterday, they posted that they have saved 479 pugs this year. Isn't that so exciting??!!

One small step for mankind, one giant step for pugs. They have tons of great events and always need volunteers and donations if you want to hop on over to their website and check them out.



and yes i just google imaged Christmas pugs

Next year, I'm hoping Santa will get me a pug and maybe a bulldog and maybe a kitten too. What? Too much?? :)You don't understand I grew up around a minimum of 3 animals. I need an animal or 3. I want Doug to come live with us, but Robert says no because he pees on everything. :( Doug...why?? why??! 

Oh well, for now, I'll just pray that the little pugs that need rescuing find great homes. 479 is a lot o' pugs, you guys :) Yay for the pugs! 

No comments: