Thursday, November 18, 2010

I still like pumpkin: Breakfast Edition

Do you ever find yourself in a breakfast rut? I do. I eat breakfast at the office because I don't get up early enough to eat it at home which proves I am not an adult yet. Lately, I've had the tried and true Nutri-grain bar to get me through the mornings. I've grown weary of them and was relieved when I saw these on the shelf at Whole Foods the other day.

PUMPKIN SPICE FLAX CRUNCH GRANOLA BARS!

Fall themed breakfast? Don't mind if I do.

They remind me a lot of these


But better because there is a pumpkin spice hint in them.

And the whole Flax thing is an added bonus too. According to this flaxseed may help fight cancer, heart disease, diabetes and hot flashes?? Also, flax seeds have omega-3s which help with depression, so that's good too. Although, I wouldn't trade in those anti-depressants for a bag of flax seeds anytime soon. (At least I won't be. Pharmaceuticals are my friend.)


I like this "having to do with breakfast" quote....

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll

No comments: