Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celeb Engagements Everywhere


"I do. Achieving your dream wedding" good job with the wedding, but i think you forgot the marriage

I believe that I am of the "Newlyweds" generation. Meaning the generation of girls that became enamored with the MTV reality show, Newlyweds. Sigh, chicken of the sea. You all remember that episode. I know I'm not alone in saying I wanted to be Jessica Simpson. Remember her wedding book, "I do" (above)? I could have stared at that thing for hours? Why was in so entrancing? We all ate it up. We loved it!  We didn't think her dumb comments were dumb, but endearing and cute. We thought Jessica and Nick Lachey were the perfect couple and would grow old together.

PPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Well, that bubble burst. To me, it was sad. It was sad because I thought they really loved each other. I still blame Jessica.

So now, Jessica is engaged to "what's his name". I know his name, but really who cares. I'm over it. And somehow in my daily reading of people.com I missed that Nick Lachey is engaged too.

From Newlyweds, to Divorces to Engaged all over again. Hope they learned on the first go round to stay away from reality TV.

Last night as Bob and I were cooking dinner, I put Entertainment Tonight on. Tragically, Heidi and Spencer were on there talking about getting married AGAIN. They are so weird. Go away. Someone should pay them to leave the country.

Oh look someone is!!!!

Finally, let's talk about the engagement that dwarfs all engagements and say cheers to Kate Middleton. Or shall I say, Princess Kate? Lucky girl.


seriously, she gets Princess Di's engagement ring?!! 

Best of luck to the royal couple! They've been together 8 years, so I'm thinking they've got a shot :)

I love love. So I need not be bitter about Jessica, Nick or Heidi and Spencer and wish that perhaps there is love in their relationship endeavors. We all live and we learn and that's all anyone can do. (Why am I acting like I know them or that they care what I think??) 

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. " - When Harry Met Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about the ROYAL wedding. Oh yes, I will stay up all hours of the night to watch it live. I could not care less about Jessica Simpson buying her own engagement ring so she could overshadow Nick & Vanessa. I say pppfftttt to that! I used to love her but now she's just a big mess.

alexis scarff said...

hahahha. same! same!! i used to love Jessica, but now, i'm just apathetic to all things surrounding her! OMG - the royal WEDDING...what is Kate going to WEAR?? yes, definitely worth staying up all hours!! watch party!!!