Thursday, November 11, 2010

eeehhhhhhh

I read yesterday via The New York Times that the F.D.A. has unveiled 36 proposed warning labels for cigarette packages providing graphic reminders of tobacco's dangers.

These pics aren't very pleasant.


Did anyone else have that guy that had face cancer from chewing tobacco come to their high school and talk about how you shouldn't chew tobacco? I did and it really stuck with me. I tried to tell my dad that he would only have half a face if he continued to chew tobacco. I don't think it really made an impact on him. He may or may not chew tobacco to this day?? 

Will these graphics really cut back on smoking? Since, I'm not a smoker I don't know. If bags of candy corn had pictures of morbidly obese people on them, would I still eat them? I don't WANT to know the answer to that.

Anyway, be looking for these beauties at your local gas station for that daily upper. 

No comments: