Friday, April 29, 2011

This just in. Dallas- Quite a leap from the Abbey.

So, I know we are all about to OD on royal wedding info. (Except for my Mom who has been up since 2:00 a.m. watching the wedding and plans to keep on watching all day. I admire that dedication!)

I'm sure we all know by now that the Beckhams attended the event looking dapper and British as ever.

it's a girl!

I am incredibly amused with what one People magazine reporter commented about David Beckham's schedule after the royal wedding, please allow me to share...

"The day after the wedding, David jets to Dallas in anticipation of his L.A. Galaxy Major League Soccer team's Sunday game against FC Dallas at Pizza Hut Park. Quite a leap from the Abbey."

Was it necessary to add "Quite a leap from the Abbey." What are you suggesting??? That Pizza Hut Park in Frisco isn't as majestic as the Westminster Abbey?!?!! Surely you jest! I'll have you know that Pizza Hut Park is an 145-acre multipurpose sports and entertainment facility!!! Jimmy Buffet performs there! Can you say that about the Abbey?? 

Seriously though, why would anyone attempt to compare a soccer game/Dallas/Pizza Hut Park VS. the royal wedding/London/ the Abbey??
Quite a leap? Well, I should bloody well say so, ole' chap!

It's just not fair. Dallas has enough pressure trying to keep afloat among Austin, San Antonio and Houston without throwing "the Abbey" in there. Hey People magazine how about you leave Dallas alone, go back to discussing the "very cozy reception" or the "wedding's best hats". 

Okay, that's all. I've only lived here for 5 years, but a girl has got to defend her city, right? Right. Oh and by the way I guarantee Dallas can provide the Beckham's with more appetizing food that the entire country of England can. Hello?? Queso? One bite of queso and I might wager that Becks and prego Posh might forget the Abbey ever existed. ;)

No comments: