Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Very Dull Update....

Try not to fall asleep while reading this post.



goodbye forever


If anyone out there cares, I want to shout to the world that I have finished "To The Lighthouse". I would compare reading this to participating in the Trail of Tears or the Bataan Death March. i.e. You don't want to do it again. A single sad torturous journey is enough.

Regarding "To The Lighthouse" Wikipedia says that "the prose can be winding and hard to follow". That just may be the understatement of the century.

Looking back, though it was a rocky road, I am glad I read it. There were some amazing parts and this was Virginia's most autobiographical novel. That's kind of neat/educational, I guess? Looking forward, I'm scared of Virgina Woolf books and think I'll steer clear for a while.

On my nightstand now is....drumroll.....Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Yes, I've seen the movie a million times, but I got the book several Christmas's ago and I think it's time for me to take in every detail that I can. I'm loving it so far and only 80 pages in.

"Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war; this war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream. Besides... there isn't going to be any war. "- Scarlett's first line

Fiddle-dee-dee. Exactly. Fiddle-dee-dee is pretty much the same as ppppffffffftttttttt. I like it.  

All for now.... 

No comments: