Monday, August 1, 2011

rise and shine

Do you ever worry about yourself? Like wondered..."Do I drink too much?", "Am I normal?", "Do other people think this way?"

I've been doing that a lot lately. With multiple things.

It came to a head this morning with a certain issue.

Robert kissed me good-bye. I was still in bed sleeping. I thought I'd catch a couple more minutes worth of zzz's and wake up and get this party started. This party being - Monday. lol. Did I wake up in a couple minutes? No, no I did not. I woke up at 10:21 a.m. to be precise. I'm supposed to be a work by 9. I stretch this a lot. I'm not a morning person. Sometimes, I roll on in at 9:30..okay, okay 9:45 even. #lazy #ugg I really would love to be a morning person. I would! And I dabble in it. An early yoga class every now and then. But, do I commit to the true morning person lifestyle? Never.

So, you would think I'd be staying up late, right? Not a morning person clearly should=a night owl. A night owl doing things like, like writing a novel or cleaning or SOMETHING. The thing is, I'm not a night person either. You know what I am. A person that likes to sleep. A LOT. Kill me. Sue me.

So a question I've been pondering for sometime and something I've been worrying about for myself is "Do I sleep too much?" and "When am I going to grow up and "not be able to sleep-in" like so many of my friends?" 

I'm a sleeping-in gold medalist. Not only sleeping in, just sleep in general. I can go to bed at 10 and sleep til 10. No. problem.

This hasn't always been the case. When I was little, first one up at slumber parties. SO annoying. In high school, I was never one to sleep in really late. In college, I definitely slept less. What is with all this sleeping?? I'm yawning as I type this too. pppppfffffffftttttttttt.

So, yeah, I wake up at 10:21 from this hard sleep. I look at the clock and I am just like- SHOOT. I immediately call the office. They were worried and had already called twice. I roll in to work at 10:50ish.

GREAT way to start of the week, GREAT.

Also, on a semi-serious note. I worry about the future. Babies=no sleep. My mommy friends have told me that God just gives you strength to do it. God is going to have to get me a double power surge of that strength. And, I need to find a new job. I don't think they are going to be as cool with me rolling up whenever I can pry open my eyes.

I'm 28, I've been at my job for 5 years and sleep til 10:20. You'd think I'd be used to this whole routine by now.

1 comment:

Robert said...

You are a woman Rip Van Winkle.