Monday, July 11, 2011

sunshine and lemons


There are few things better than laying out in the warm sun. It's wonderful. You know what is not so wonderful??

Sun spots.

see the discoloration?? ewww! yes, thats me. 

Am I old?? Why am I getting sun spots this summer? I've been really good about sunscreen too. Maybe I should just stop wearing sunscreen since I get sunspots anyway?? Maybe I should just start smoking and eating bacon for every meal too since I'll probably die of cancer and heart disease anyway?? JK JK

but...it is tempting....

I googled a home remedy for removing sunspots and I thought I'd share. 

Here ya go. Via.

• First you need to gather the ingredients for this natural method to remove the sun spots on face. You will need lemon juice, sunscreen and a cotton pad or swab.
• For the lemon juice, you can either cut a lemon and squeeze the juice from it or use bottled lemon juice (about 2 to 3 tbsp.). But it is always better to use freshly squeezed lemon juice rather than the bottled version. If you are using the bottled one, make sure it is undiluted otherwise it won’t make much difference.
• If the spots are large, you will need cotton pads. If they are small, it is better to use cotton swabs. Saturate the swab or pad with the lemon juice.
• Now apply this swab or pad on the affected areas to remove the sun spots on face.  Dab the juice all over the spots and make sure none of it ever gets into your eyes.
• Let is dry naturally. Once the juice dries up, use a sunscreen that has SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 30 or more before you go out. This is very vital because if you venture out in the sun without any protection while undergoing this natural method to remove the sun spots on face, it is going to become totally ineffective!
• This treatment needs to be done daily. For better results, do it once in the morning, and once at night. This method won’t have miraculous effects – it may take several weeks and repeated use before you see the spots vanish forever from your face. But remember, even if it takes a bit more time, it will leave no side-effects. Nor will you have to spend a huge amount of money to get suns spots out of your face.

I hope it works!! My mom uses lemons for everything. She is so smart.


and remember...

via and via

No comments: