Monday, August 23, 2010

Austin, Texas

I have an unhealthy liking to this city. I went there last weekend and now I can’t stop thinking about it.

Caught in a bad romance with Austin.
this poor child. at least give him a fresh banana. 

I love driving through the windy hilly streets, I love Torchy’s Tacos. http://www.torchystacos.com/. I love the random run-ins to friends and at bars and restaurants that always seems to happen. I love meeting new people there. Something about Austin possesses the free spirit feel of New Mexico. I love that there’s a lake in Austin. What does Austin not have? I can’t answer that. I just can’t. Music, shopping, government, weirdos, food, education all there -swirling around.

My dad’s parents are probably rolling over in their graves right now while I’m singing these praises of Longhorn country. They were big OU fans and OU graduates. I’m a Texas Tech graduate and big OU fan, but I cannot help but love this city.

I feel like I’m cheating on Dallas with these feelings, even my beloved Lakewood. I love Dallas too. Right now, I’d say, in my world Dallas=work and Austin=play, so it makes sense that I like it more. Or does it?

Ppppffffftttttt.

Conflicted and confused, al

No comments: