Monday, July 20, 2009

hi, everyone, hi!!!!

A whole lot has happened in the world in the past 31 days....the King of Pop has passed, John is minus Kate, Nick/Jessica both find themselves single AND dozens of moms have joined Facebook. These happenings will probably each get their own commentary and post if I can ever get back into the swing of this blogging business. When you begin to blog, even about nothing like myself, then suddenly turn off the blog switch, it's not easy to turn it back on. It's not like riding a bike or getting back on the horse; but more like jumping in a cold pool and swimming up to the top. It doesn't feel good a first, but by the time you come up to the top to take a breath, you're warm and you feel comfortable again. So here I am, treadding water in the pool, blogging, blogging because a whole lot has happened in my world in the past 31 days.....

On June 19, 2009, the man that I love and admire in a way I never thought possible asked me to marry him. In 146 days I'm going to have a new last name and a new husband. Never again will I be Alexis Neal. I will be "Robert and Alexis". I will be "Alexis Scarff". I will be "Mr. and Mrs. Robert Scarff". I couldn't be happier about this and I know this is going to sound a tad "Jerry Maguire" of me, but I couldn't feel more complete knowing that I'm going to be part of Robert, God-willing for the rest of my life. The more I learn about marriage are realize that it is the new creation of two people becoming one person, the more mystified and in awe I am of it. I'm really more in awe of my fiance. I. love. him. Thank you God, for Robert Scarff. and thank you God for Ghostland Observatory. and thank you God that we both liked Ghostland. and thank you God for Sarah who bought my ticket to Ghostland Observatory. I could go on, but just really thank you God....

I could also go on about the highs and lows of wedding planning, but now that I feel more in the flow of blogging you can hopefully ride those waves with me. The wedding waves......whew....they can be a wild ride. Good thing, I've got best person imaginable, (Robert, that's you!) riding them with me. See below for some wedding waves...


No comments: