Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mary's New Favorite Blog

How appropriate is it that I write a blog about nothing and nothing is what I post!!! ppppffffftttttt=nothing!!! It is but a pppffffttttt in the cyber community!! I've averaging one blog per month, that really shouldn't even be called a blog. Maybe a blo or even a bl. "Alexis writes a bl." (and yes, Friends fans, this was taken from when Phoebe says, I don't even have a pl...)

Anyway, Mary has already informed me that she has a "new favorite blog"...the writer of this blog is engaged and blogs about the cute ideas that she's doing for her wedding among other things. It's good, I've read it and I enjoyed it. http://spooniest.wordpress.com/ There it is...go ahead, make it your favorite blog too. I'll just be here writing my "bl". And you know, maybe one day I'll get there, get to the level of being like "the spooniest" and blogging about my wedding and the sweet little details of it. (I guess I better make it quick, I'm getting married in 115 days.) I really can't even process the little details because I feel like I'm making all of these decisions at lightning speed and as soon as I decide one another comes about and I have to focus on that. I barely remember what I'm deciding let alone have time to blog about it. (Probably the effect/beauty of a short engagement.) Plus, I don't want to broadcast everything because I want people to show up and not know what they're stepping into. So, while I love the "spooniest" type blogs by those fabulous creative people out there. I'll have to remind myself that the theme of my wedding is simple and the creative elements at my wedding will be the people....because that's what makes it special.

And like a wedding which is special and unique to the couple getting married, what makes a blog special is that it is unique to the person that writes it. Some one's passion, opinion or commentary is shared. So, while, it is true I am a changed, I'm an engaged girl, the blog will reflect that because it can't help that. I cannot solely blog about the wedding because I am not solely about a wedding. Though society really does breed you to be. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "This wedding is all about you. You're the bride." It's like a breeding farm for narcissism. What do I want? What do I need? I! I! Me! Me! There are even tv shows that document this, Bridezillas on WE (yikes). The reality is that society is partially right, a wedding has A LOT to do with the bride, but the thought of all this focus on yourself if enough to give anyone a heart attack. All that has happened to make this wedding possible is that that two people are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together and share this joy with people that they love. How does the simplicity of that turn into anxiety over bridesmaid dresses? I don't know, but it always does. I've really had to refocus several times in this process because I have literally forgotten that I get to marry the love of my life when I'm in tears about the guest list. Does the writer of the "spooniest" have this problem. I'm not sure...

In essence, I suppose what I'm saying is that I have a semi-urge to blog about wedding things and sometimes I might. I'm girly and I like this stuff when I'm not stressing out about it. Andddd this wedding business is a big part of my life right now, BUT it's not MY LIFE. Sooo, I will blog about whatever pops up in my mind, whether it be the center pieces at the reception, the financial crisis or who knows what else. But, I will keep trying to share my life with you, my thoughts...wedding or non-wedding related....

"All you need is love." - John Lennon and Paul McCartney (See you tonight at the Cowboys Stadium, Paul. I'M SEEING A BEATLE TONIGHT...that should take my mind off wedding stress!)



3 comments:

Jamie said...

It's good to have you back, Alexis...

Anonymous said...

Hello Alexis! Spooniest here!
I just wanted to stop by and give a big HELLO! Let me just say that the only reason Mary Green loves my blog so much is because I have two basset hounds and she loves those dogs! That's it :)
I also wanted to let you know that I too worry sick about stuff to do with my wedding...like someone not forever holding their peace or a hair in the food at the reception....I mean how do I know everyone wears a hair net!!?!?!?
But YOU ARE SO RIGHT....at the end of the day I remember I am marrying the best man in the world!
I would love for you to blog about your wedding...I'm pretty sure no strays will show up out of response to this blog...except for me maybe. I also think about that but we have security. Seriously we do.

But if you don't want to blog about it I understand and I love your pfffftttt blog just as much otherwise.

As far as the guest list goes I make 10 minute friends every where I go...so you can't possibly have everyone at your wedding that you are friends or have been friends with.

I'll be checking back...so post more often! PALEASE!

a. scarff said...

Spooniest!!! I love love love that you commented!!! And I love your sweet blog, your style, your thoughts, the whole thing!! It inspires me!!

I hope that I did not come off negative...I do not think that because you blog about wedding stuff that you are a Bridezilla or anything like that AT ALL!! (I tried to make it obvious that I loved your blog and I wanted to blog about my wedding too!)

Mary and I work together and spend all day talking about what we find on the internet (oh and working...ppffftt) and she loved to tell me that she had a new favorite blog and about all your cute wedding ideas! This is when I was probably in the phase of figuring out a budget or one of those really unfun parts of wedding planning and Mary and I were laughing imagining me blogging about wedding stuff because it would not come out like yours (chic and creative), but it most likely be disastrous-because I'm sort of a mess at these things-that is anything that involves decision making!

Thank you for the advice, you're right about the guest list!! Please visit ppppfffftttt any time and I will continue to be a follower of the Spooniest!!!

Happy wedding planning and blogging!! xoxooxxoxxo